The Florida A&M Rattlers (1-10), who are currently on a six-game skid, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the North Florida Ospreys (3-5) to Al Lawson Center. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 11, 2017.
North Florida Ospreys at Florida A&M Rattlers Betting Preview
The Ospreys had no trouble getting past the Trinity Baptist Eagles in their last contest, 85-58. With 12 points and 14 rebounds, North Florida’s Noah Horchler had a good outing. North Florida dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.052 (matching their season average) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.5 (above their season average of 29.1). Trinity Baptist recorded marks of 0.029 and 29.5, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Rattlers last game, they were blown out by the Mercer Bears, 82-64. Marcus Barham led Florida A&M in scoring with 21 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Mercer had a much better free throw rate (0.269 vs. 0.118). Florida A&M, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 21.3).
Florida A&M figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Rattlers rank 100th in offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 percent), while North Florida ranks 300th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.5 percent) since the 2016-17 season.
Desmond Williams has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Florida A&M, averaging 16.0 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
North Florida Ospreys vs. Florida A&M Rattlers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Ospreys rank 159th in assists per game (13.4) while the Rattlers rank 250th (12.0).
- North Florida averages 5.6 steals per game, which ranks 164th in the nation. Florida A&M ranks 198th in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- North Florida ranks 42nd in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Florida A&M ranks 253rd (17.8).
- The Ospreys rank 57th in rebounds per game (38.4) while the Rattlers rank 233rd (34.4).
- North Florida ranks 64th in blocks per game (4.1) while Florida A&M ranks 177th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).