The North Florida Ospreys (18-10, 11-2 Asun) and their outstanding offense head to Liberty to play the Flames (24-3, 10-2 Asun) and their tremendous defense. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
North Florida Ospreys at Liberty Flames Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Flames defeated the NJIT Highlanders 62-49, while the Ospreys beat the North Alabama Lions 80-67.
North Florida dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.214 (above their season average of 0.208) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.607 (above their season average of 0.546). For those same stats, North Alabama put up marks of 0.114 and 0.421, respectively. Meanwhile, Liberty played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.0 (below their season average of 25.5) and a free throw rate of 0.236 (above their season average of 0.212). For those same stats, NJIT was 9.1 and 0.122, respectively. Georgie Pacheco-Ortiz had a solid performance for Liberty, contributing 14 points and seven rebounds. Meanwhile, North Florida was led by Garrett Sams, who put up 25 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Ivan Gandia-Rosa led the Ospreys to a 71-70 victory. He scored a game-high 19 points. The Ospreys’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Flames. North Florida had a rate of 27.6, while Liberty posted a mark of 20.0.
The Ospreys’ Sams has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 18 points,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Caleb Homesley has averaged 17 points,5.8 rebounds,1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Flames.
The productive offense of Liberty (17th in the NCAA with an offensive efficiency of 111.7) will clash against the porous defense of North Florida (286th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 104.4). The Flames should have the edge on that side of the ball.
North Florida vs. Liberty ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Under
- Liberty ranks first in assists allowed per game (7.9) while North Florida ranks 233rd (14.5).
- The Flames rank first in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while the Ospreys rank 61st (2.9).
- Liberty is 13th in the country with 4.8 steals allowed per game while North Florida is 58th with 5.7 steals allowed per game.
- The Flames rank fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.3) while the Ospreys rank 205th (36.3).
- North Florida ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (30.8) while Liberty ranks 190th (20.9).
- During their last five games, the Ospreys have scored an average of 79.6 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 62.6 points per game (9.8 below their season average).
- The Flames’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.6, up from 15.7 for the season.