The North Dakota State Bison (6-9, 1-1 Summit) will be at Baxter Arena to square off against the Omaha Mavericks (7-8, 1-1 Summit) in a Summit matchup. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
North Dakota State Bison vs. Omaha Mavericks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Mavericks got blown out by the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 104-76, while the Bison fell to the New Mexico State Aggies, 73-56.
North Dakota State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.446 vs. 0.477) while Omaha had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 20.0). Omaha’s Zach Jackson led the way, putting up 21 points and five steals. North Dakota State was led by Rocky Kreuser, who contributed 23 points and five rebounds.
The Bison dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent contest, North Dakota State won 84-62. North Dakota State’s 0.664 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over Omaha, who had a rate of 0.438. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Jackson has taken his game to another level as of late for Omaha, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Omaha should have a substantial advantage. The elite Mavericks offense ranks 57th in the nation in that metric at 0.548, while the bottom-tier North Dakota State defense is ranked 304th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.546).
North Dakota State at Omaha Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Under
- North Dakota State ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.7) while Omaha ranks 211th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Bison and Mavericks rank 49th in steals allows per game (5.6).
- The Mavericks rank 114th in assists per game (14.1) while the Bison rank 125th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- North Dakota State ranks 244th in rebounds per game (31.1) while Omaha ranks 254th (29.2).
- The Mavericks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Omaha has lost by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average).