The North Dakota Fighting Hawks (12-15, 6-7 Summit) wrap up their home schedule at Betty Engelstad Sioux Center against the North Dakota State Bison (20-7, 11-2 Summit). The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
North Dakota State Bison at North Dakota Fighting Hawks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Fighting Hawks fell to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 94-83, while the Bison barely escaped the South Dakota Coyotes, 77-74.
North Dakota State played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.463 (above their season average of 0.263) and a turnover percentage of 14.1 (worse than their season average of 13.9). For those same stats, South Dakota was 0.224 and 17.5, respectively. North Dakota, meanwhile, forced South Dakota State into a turnover percentage of 18.4 (above the 14.1 mark opponents have averaged against North Dakota this season). North Dakota was lifted by Kienan Walter, who put up 23 points. Vinnie Shahid, meanwhile led the way for North Dakota State, contributing 27 points.
In their first matchup this season, Tyson Ward led the Bison to an 83-74 win. He registered a double-double with 27 points and 11 rebounds. The Bison’s 8.2 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Fighting Hawks, who had a rate of 12.9.
It will be a matchup of opposite tempos as the up-and-down Fighting Hawks (ranked 97th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more half-court-oriented Bison (287th in possessions per game). Additionally, the 30th-ranked offense of the Bison (offensive efficiency of 110.9) will try to exploit the 301st-ranked defense of the Fighting Hawks (defensive efficiency of 105.4).
North Dakota State Bison vs. North Dakota Fighting Hawks Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Dakota State, ATS Winner – North Dakota State, O/U – Under
- North Dakota State ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while North Dakota ranks 164th (6.9).
- The Bison rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while the Fighting Hawks rank 80th (33.1).
- North Dakota State ranks 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while North Dakota ranks 55th (2.9).
- The Bison rank ninth in assists allowed per game (9.6) while the Fighting Hawks rank 132nd (12.4).
- North Dakota State ranks 43rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.9) while North Dakota ranks 100th (23.3).
- During their last five games, the Bison have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.6 points per game (5.5 above their season average).
- The Fighting Hawks have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. For the season, North Dakota has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.