The Western Illinois Leathernecks (5-17, 2-10 Summit) welcome the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (11-14, 5-6 Summit) to Western Hall. The Leathernecks look to snap their seven-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Leathernecks fell to the South Dakota Coyotes, 85-72, while the Fighting Hawks were defeated by the South Dakota Coyotes, 82-68.
North Dakota was lights out from beyond the arc (10-26; 38.5 percent) while Western Illinois had a better effective field goal percentage (0.491 vs. 0.578). Western Illinois rallied around Kobe Webster, who finished with 29 points. Marlon Stewart played a key role for North Dakota with 23 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Stewart led the Fighting Hawks to an 83-77 win. He notched a double-double with 23 points and 10 rebounds. One of North Dakota’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 33 free throw attempts, while Western Illinois had just 10.
Western Illinois should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Western Illinois ranks fifth in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.9 percent), while North Dakota forces the ninth-fewest turnovers (15.8 percent). Moreover, the sweet-shooting offense of the Fighting Hawks ranks 46th in effective field goal percentage (0.532), while the Leathernecks are 13th-worst in the nation at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.540).
North Dakota Fighting Hawks at Western Illinois Leathernecks Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Western Illinois, ATS Winner – Western Illinois, O/U – Under
- North Dakota ranks 65th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while Western Illinois ranks 262nd (38.4).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 109th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Leathernecks rank 134th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- The Leathernecks rank 11th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while the Fighting Hawks rank 162nd (7.0).
- North Dakota ranks 134th in assists per game (13.2) while Western Illinois ranks 245th (10.5).
- The Fighting Hawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Leathernecks have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average).