A 10-game home winning streak is on the line for the South Dakota State Jackrabbits (13-7, 4-1 Summit) when they go head-to-head against the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (8-10, 2-2 Summit) at Frost Arena. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks at South Dakota State Jackrabbits Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Jackrabbits beat the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons, 70-61, while the Fighting Hawks fell to the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 88-73.
South Dakota State was 9-18 on three pointers (50.0 percent). Purdue Fort Wayne, meanwhile, was just 4-26 (15.4 percent). North Dakota, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.273 (above their season average of 0.247). David Wingett played well for South Dakota State, recording 24 points and six rebounds. North Dakota rallied around Marlon Stewart, who had 18 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The Jackrabbits dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both contests. In the most recent contest, South Dakota State won 80-55. Converting at the free throw line was one of South Dakota State’s largest advantages. They were 17-19 (89.5 percent), while the Fighting Hawks were just 6-13 (46.2 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The prolific offense of South Dakota State will clash against the porous defense of North Dakota. The Jackrabbits currently rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while the Fighting Hawks are 265th in defensive efficiency. The Jackrabbits figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
North Dakota at South Dakota State Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – South Dakota State, ATS Winner – South Dakota State, O/U – Under
- South Dakota State ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while North Dakota ranks 122nd (12.6).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 112th in three pointers attempted per game (23.1) while the Jackrabbits rank 167th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- South Dakota State averages 39.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 38th in the country. North Dakota ranks 81st in rebounds allowed per game (33.4).
- The Fighting Hawks have been outscored by an average of 2.2 points in their last five games. On the season, North Dakota has defeated opponents by an average of 3.6 points.
- During their last five games, the Jackrabbits have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (6.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (0.1 above their season average).