A high-scoring game should be expected when the Creighton Bluejays (5-2) and the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (4-3) go head-to-head at CenturyLink Center Omaha. Creighton is an 18.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 166.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks at Creighton Bluejays Odds Preview
In the Fighting Hawks last game, they were victorious over the Presentation Saints, 82-75. With 20 points, five rebounds and five assists, North Dakota’s Geno Crandall played well. North Dakota’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Presentation. The Fighting Hawks had a rate of 0.594, while the Saints posted a mark of 0.508.
The Bluejays are trying to rebound after their 91-74 loss to the No. 15 Gonzaga Bulldogs in their last matchup. Marcus Foster was Creighton’s leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-20 shooting. Getting to the free throw line was one of Gonzaga’s largest advantages. They had 25 free throw attempts, while Creighton had just eight.
There could be plenty of transition action in this battle that features a pair of the nation’s more fast-paced teams. Creighton ranks 47th in possessions per game (73.2) and North Dakota is 26th (74.0) dating back to last season.
Both of these teams have typically gone over the O/U total. North Dakota games have finished over 100.0 percent of the time, while games featuring Creighton have finished over 83.3 percent of the time. The Bluejays come into this game with a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 5-2 SU and 4-2 ATS, while the Fighting Hawks are 4-3 SU and 2-2 ATS.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks at Creighton Bluejays Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Hawks rank 17th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bluejays rank 80th (3.0).
- North Dakota ranks 164th in rebounds per game (35.9) while Creighton ranks 191st in rebounds allowed per game (35.5).
- North Dakota ranks 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Creighton ranks 235th (22.6).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 17th in steals per game (8.1) while the Bluejays rank 197th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Creighton ranks ninth in assists per game (17.3) while North Dakota ranks 82nd (14.8).