The South Dakota Coyotes (19-11, 9-6 Summit) welcome the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (13-16, 7-8 Summit) to Sanford Coyote Sports Center as the regular season comes to a conclusion. Action starts at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. South Dakota Coyotes ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Coyotes fell to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 85-80, while the Fighting Hawks lost a winnable game to the Omaha Mavericks, 84-83.
North Dakota had a better free throw rate (0.200 vs. 0.104) while South Dakota held South Dakota State to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.9 (below their season average of 31.0). Tyler Hagedorn had a good game for South Dakota, contributing 12 points and 12 rebounds. North Dakota, meanwhile, rallied around Filip Rebraca, who contributed 24 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Hagedorn led the Coyotes to an 82-68 victory. He put up 15 points and seven rebounds. South Dakota was successful at getting and making free throws. The Coyotes made 22 of their 25 free throws (88.0 percent), while the Fighting Hawks were 10-14 (71.4 percent).
South Dakota could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Coyotes rank 11th in offensive efficiency, while North Dakota ranks 305th in defensive efficiency.
North Dakota at South Dakota Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – South Dakota, ATS Winner – South Dakota, O/U – Over
- North Dakota ranks 104th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while South Dakota ranks 247th (18.8).
- The Coyotes rank 83rd in assists per game (14.0) while the Fighting Hawks rank 114th in assists allowed per game (12.2).
- South Dakota is 32nd in the nation with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while North Dakota is 59th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Coyotes rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Fighting Hawks rank 150th (6.7).
- North Dakota ranks 129th in rebounds per game (36.0) while South Dakota ranks 240th (33.1).
- The Coyotes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 5.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Fighting Hawks have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average).