The Omaha Mavericks (15-14, 8-6 Summit) close out their home schedule at Baxter Arena against the North Dakota Fighting Hawks (13-15, 7-7 Summit). Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
North Dakota Fighting Hawks at Omaha Mavericks ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Mavericks defeated the Western Illinois Leathernecks 93-86, while the Fighting Hawks won a close one over the North Dakota State Bison 71-68.
The Fighting Hawks had a much better free throw rate (0.224 vs. 0.117) and had a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 17.7). Omaha, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 3.8 (better than their season average of 15.5) and a free throw rate of 0.277 (above their season average of 0.190). Western Illinois was 12.6 and 0.230, respectively, for those same stats. Omaha rallied around Marlon Ruffin, who recorded 30 points and seven rebounds. Marlon Stewart had a good game for North Dakota, putting up 35 points, six assists and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, KJ Robinson led the Mavericks to a 66-62 win. He recorded 17 points. The Mavericks’ 25.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Fighting Hawks, who had a rate of 15.8.
Omaha could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Omaha ranks 59th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.2 percent), while North Dakota forces the 16th-fewest turnovers (16.1 percent). Also, the Fighting Hawks’ 50th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.531) will battle against the Mavericks’ 295th-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.518).
North Dakota Fighting Hawks vs. Omaha Mavericks ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Under
- North Dakota ranks 61st in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Omaha ranks 239th (24.0).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 137th in rebounds per game (35.9) while the Mavericks rank 186th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Omaha ranks 196th in steals per game (5.4) while North Dakota ranks 236th (4.7).
- The Fighting Hawks rank 114th in assists allowed per game (12.3) while the Mavericks rank 228th (14.7).
- North Dakota ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Omaha ranks 123rd (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Fighting Hawks have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (4.4 above their season average).
- The Mavericks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Omaha has lost by an average of 2.2 points.