The UNCW Seahawks (1-0) will be 19.5-point underdogs at home in Raiford G. Trask Coliseum when they meet the ninth-ranked North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
North Carolina Tar Heels at UNCW Seahawks ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Seahawks dismantled the Johnson & Wales (NC) Wildcats 103-83, while the Tar Heels defeated the Notre Dame Fighting Irish 76-65.
North Carolina dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 and a free throw rate of 0.167. Notre Dame had marks of 17.8 and 0.118, respectively, for those same stats. The Seahawks, meanwhile, had a much better free throw rate (0.274 vs. 0.068) and had a much better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 23.6). Jaylen Sims had a solid game for UNCW with 19 points. Cole Anthony had a good game for North Carolina, contributing 34 points, 11 rebounds and five assists.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. Since the 2018-19 season, the Seahawks rank 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.7 percent), while North Carolina ranks ninth in defensive rebounding percentage (77.2 percent). Moreover, the 21st-ranked offense of the Tar Heels (offensive efficiency of 113.5) will square off against the 351st-ranked defense of the Seahawks (defensive efficiency of 115.0).
North Carolina Tar Heels vs. UNCW Seahawks ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – UNCW, ATS Winner – UNCW, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- UNCW ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while North Carolina ranks 236th (4.6).
- The Tar Heels rank 88th in steals per game (6.9) while the Seahawks rank 262nd (4.8).
- North Carolina averages 44.1 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the NCAA. UNCW ranks 99th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9).
- The Tar Heels average 18.7 assists per game, which ranks second in the nation. The Seahawks rank 210th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- North Carolina ranks 104th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while UNCW ranks 291st in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).