The North Carolina Tar Heels (10-15, 3-11 ACC) and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (15-10, 6-8 ACC) face off at Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center. The Tar Heels will attempt to put an end to their five-game losing streak. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020, and will air on ESPN.
North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last matchup. The Fighting Irish were blown out by the seventh-ranked Duke Blue Devils, 94-60, while the Tar Heels lost a tough one against the Virginia Cavaliers, 64-62.
North Carolina had a better free throw rate (0.180 vs. 0.130) while Notre Dame did a fantastic job of making free throws (9-12; 75.0 percent). Notre Dame was lifted by John Mooney, who finished with 19 points and nine rebounds. Garrison Brooks, meanwhile had a solid performance for North Carolina, contributing 20 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Anthony led the Tar Heels to a 76-65 win. He recorded a double-double with 34 points and 11 rebounds. North Carolina out-rebounded Notre Dame. The Tar Heels had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. 8), defensive rebounds (37 vs. 23) and total rebounds (51 vs. 31).
Notre Dame should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Notre Dame ranks first in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.3 percent), while North Carolina forces the 29th-fewest turnovers (16.6 percent).
North Carolina Tar Heels at Notre Dame Fighting Irish Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Notre Dame, ATS Winner – North Carolina, O/U – Under
- North Carolina averages 42.9 rebounds per game, which ranks first in the nation. Notre Dame ranks 272nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Fighting Irish rank 64th in blocks per game (3.8) while the Tar Heels rank 159th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Notre Dame ranks 175th in steals per game (5.8) while North Carolina ranks 182nd in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Fighting Irish rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.1) while the Tar Heels rank 259th (18.1).
- Notre Dame averages 16.8 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the country. North Carolina ranks 174th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- The Fighting Irish have been outscored by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Notre Dame has defeated opponents by an average of 5.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Tar Heels have scored an average of 68.8 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average).