The North Carolina Tar Heels (10-16, 3-12 ACC) and the 11th-ranked Louisville Cardinals (22-5, 13-3 ACC) clash at KFC Yum! Center. The Tar Heels will attempt to snap their six-game losing streak. The game starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020, and will air on ESPN.
North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Louisville Cardinals Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinals won big over the Syracuse Orange, 90-66, while the Tar Heels lost a close one to the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 77-76.
Louisville dominated every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (below their season average of 32.5) and a free throw rate of 0.313 (above their season average of 0.244). Syracuse recorded marks of 19.5 and 0.217, respectively, for those same stats. North Carolina, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.2 (above their season average of 35.0). Louisville’s Malik Williams had a good game, finishing with 14 points and 13 rebounds. Meanwhile, Cole Anthony was a key piece for North Carolina with 23 points and six assists.
The Tar Heels took this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last game, North Carolina won 83-70. North Carolina’s 0.246 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Louisville, who had a rate of 0.076. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Louisville could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they battle against one of the worst offenses in the country. The Cardinals currently rank 23rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.446), while North Carolina is 333rd in effective field goal percentage (0.456).
North Carolina vs. Louisville Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Louisville, O/U – Over
- Louisville ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (10.6) while North Carolina ranks 182nd (13.4).
- The Tar Heels rank 69th in blocks per game (3.7) while the Cardinals rank 99th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Cardinals rank 147th in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Tar Heels rank 259th (18.2).
- Louisville ranks 31st in rebounds per game (39.2) while North Carolina ranks 122nd in rebounds allowed per game (34.4).
- The Tar Heels’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (0.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.2 points per game (7.2 above their season average).