ACC foes will collide when the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (10-16, 3-11 ACC) go head-to-head with the North Carolina State Wolfpack (17-9, 7-6 ACC) at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Betting Preview
In the Wolfpack’s last game, they were victorious over the Syracuse Orange, 74-70. With 16 points, five rebounds and five assists, Markell Johnson played well for North Carolina State. North Carolina State’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest strength over Syracuse. The Wolfpack had a rate of 0.653 (above their season average of 0.519), while the Orange posted a mark of 0.580.
The Demon Deacons will look to keep it rolling after topping the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in their last contest, 79-62. With 17 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Doral Moore led Wake Forest in scoring. Wake Forest dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 17.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 30.3). Georgia Tech recorded marks of 20.7 and 24.0, respectively, for those same stats.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Wake Forest offense. Wake Forest ranks 205th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the gambling defense of North Carolina State forces the 47th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.6 percent). Also, the 51st-ranked offense of the Wolfpack (offensive efficiency of 112.6) will clash against the 287th-ranked defense of the Demon Deacons (defensive efficiency of 108.3).
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Wolfpack, it’s been Johnson, who has averaged 11.4 points, 10.4 assists, 5.6 rebounds and 1.4 steals, while the Demon Deacons have gotten great contributions from Moore (12.8 rebounds, 11.8 points and 1.2 blocks).
These teams have already met once this season. The Wolfpack won 72-63. The Wolfpack dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.210 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6. The Demon Deacons were 0.138 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats. Omer Yurtseven was the games leading scorer with 22 points.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wake Forest, ATS Winner – Wake Forest, O/U – Over
- The Demon Deacons rank 113th in blocks per game (3.3) while the Wolfpack rank 158th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- North Carolina State averages 36.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 124th in the nation. Wake Forest ranks 127th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- North Carolina State ranks 37th in assists per game (16.3) while Wake Forest ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- The Wolfpack rank 34th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Demon Deacons rank 176th (22.7).
- North Carolina State ranks 24th in steals per game (7.8) while Wake Forest ranks 155th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Demon Deacons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wolfpack have scored an average of 81.8 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.0 points per game (6.0 above their season average).