The No. 9 North Carolina State Wolfpack (21-11) battle against the No. 8 Seton Hall Pirates (21-11) in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Intrust Bank Arena. The Pirates opened as a 2.5-point favorite. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 157.5 points and it begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Seton Hall Pirates ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Pirates lost a close one to the Butler Bulldogs, 75-74, while the Wolfpack lost to the Boston College Eagles, 91-87.
North Carolina State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.617 (above their season average of 0.531) while Seton Hall did a great job of making free throws (15-19; 78.9 percent). Seton Hall was led by Khadeen Carrington, who had 17 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Omer Yurtseven, meanwhile led the way for North Carolina State, putting up 20 points and nine rebounds.
The offensive glass could be a huge advantage for Seton Hall in this showdown. The Pirates rank 35th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.2 percent), while North Carolina State ranks 309th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.1 percent).
Of the Wolfpack’s 25 games with betting action, 14 have finished over the total. North Carolina State holds records of 21-11 straight up (SU) and 13-12 against the spread (ATS).
Coinciding with North Carolina State, games involving the Pirates also tend to finish over the total (60.0 percent). Moreover, Seton Hall is 21-11 SU and 16-16 ATS.
The Wolfpack’s Allerik Freeman has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 20.8 points and 1.6 steals per game. Meanwhile, Khadeen Carrington has averaged 21.2 points and 4.0 assists during that same time frame for the Pirates.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Seton Hall Pirates Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Over
- North Carolina State ranks 29th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Seton Hall ranks 197th (22.7).
- The Wolfpack rank 35th in steals per game (7.5) while the Pirates rank 125th (6.3).
- Seton Hall averages 3.5 blocks per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. North Carolina State ranks 190th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- The Pirates rank 41st in assists per game (15.8) while the Wolfpack rank 177th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- Seton Hall ranks 49th in rebounds per game (38.2) while North Carolina State ranks 164th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- The Wolfpack’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pirates have scored an average of 77.8 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (0.3 below their season average).