The North Carolina State Wolfpack (+8) aren’t traveling far to face the No. 23 Wake Forest Demon Deacons at BB&T Field. ESPN will televise the action and this pivotal ACC matchup is scheduled to kick off at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Betting Preview: Wake Forest Demon Deacons vs. North Carolina State Wolfpack
North Carolina State is a significant road underdog in this ACC game and is currently being given 8 points. The Wolfpack are also receiving +250 moneyline odds while the Demon Deacons are -330. Oddsmakers have placed the over/under (O/U) at 61 points, and if one squad can create a bunch of points early on, it would probably produce a nice in-game betting opportunity.
The line opened at -8. The game’s over/under has yet to change after it was initially posted at 61.
The Wolfpack are 3-4 against the spread (ATS) and have lost 2.9 units so far. They’ve been a good under bet and have recorded an Over-Under mark of 2-5.
The Demon Deacons are up 2.2 units for moneyline bettors this season. They’re 3-3-1 ATS and have an O/U record of 3-4.
The Wolfpack are 4-3 straight up (SU), including 1-2 SU against ACC opponents. The Demon Deacons are 6-1 SU overall and 3-1 SU in conference play.
When these two squads met a year ago, Wake Forest emerged victorious by a score of 27-23.
The Wolfpack are reeling from a 45-24 defeat to Boston College on October 19 where the Wolfpack completed 20-of-44 passes for 310 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Devin Leary went 15-for-33 for 259 yards and three touchdowns while Bailey Hockman completed four-of-10 for 27 yards and one interception. Zonovan Knight (only 27 yards on 10 rush attempts) propelled the ground attack while Devin Carter (six receptions, 140 yards) and Thayer Thomas (five catches, 47 yards, two TDs) shared the receiving duties in the defeat.
Wake Forest just earned a 22-20 win over Florida State. Sam Hartman completed 21-of-38 passes for 308 yards. Cade Carney (54 yards on 16 rush attempts, one TD) and the signal-caller Hartman (43 yards on 15 carries) spearheaded the running attack while Kendall Hinton (seven receptions, 93 yards) and Sage Surratt (seven catches, 170 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the win.
North Carolina State’s run the ball on 47.1 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Wake Forest has a rush percentage of 54.7 percent. The Wolfpack have produced 154 rush yards per game (including 82.7 per game against Atlantic Coast opponents) and have 11 touchdowns on the ground this year. The Deacs are putting up 196.1 rushing yards per game (195 in conference) and have 12 total rush TDs.
The Pack offense has averaged 258.1 yards in the air overall (284 per game versus conference opposition) and has nine passing TDs so far. The Deacs have put up 327.7 pass yards per contest (297 against ACC competition) and have 20 total pass scores.
North Carolina State should hold the upper hand in both defensive facets. The team’s allowed opponents to rush for an average of 118.4 yards and pass for 235.7 yards per game. The Wake Forest D has allowed 257.6 yards per game to opposing passers and 161.7 yards per game to opposing runners. The Pack are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 5.19 to opponents, while the Deacs have given up a 7.03 ANY/A.
Offensively, Leary has put up 313 passing yards this year. The signal-caller has connected on 19-of-38 attempts with three scores through the air and has yet to throw an interception. He’s got a sparkling 9.05 adjusted net yards per pass attempt.
In the other locker room, Sam Hartman has completed 21-of-38 passes for 308 yards, zero TDs and zero INTs. Hartman’s ANY/A sits at 8.11 for the year and 9.81 across his past two outings.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons Free NCAA Betting Tip
SU Winner: Wake Forest, ATS Winner: Wake Forest, O/U: Over
- The Wolfpack offense has produced three pass plays of 40+ yards, while the Demon Deacons have accounted for eight such plays.
- The North Carolina State defense has allowed five pass plays of 40 or more yards, while Wake Forest has given up six such plays.
- The North Carolina State offense has created 10 rushing plays of 20 or more yards, while Wake Forest has created 12 such runs.
- Both teams have allowed 10 rushing plays of 20 yards or more. The Wolfpack have given up 26 running plays of 10+ yards while the Demon Deacons have given up 31 such plays.
- The North Carolina State defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks 25 times this year. Wake Forest has registered just 15 sacks.
- North Carolina State, as a team, has produced 2.8 yards per carry across its past three contests and 2.6 over its last two.
- Wake Forest has averaged 4.0 yards per carry over its last three games and 4.2 over its past two.
- Over its last three contests, Wake Forest is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The O/U for North Carolina State’s previous game was 54.5. The over cashed in the team’s 45-24 defeat to Boston College.
- Over its last three matchups, North Carolina State is 1-2 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- The Over/Under for Wake Forest’s previous game going into it was 68. The under cashed in the 22-20 victory over Florida State.