The North Carolina State Wolfpack (6-2, 0-1 ACC) will be at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum to challenge the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (5-4, 0-1 ACC) in an ACC matchup. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019, and can be seen on ACC Network.
North Carolina State Wolfpack vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Demon Deacons got blown out by the Penn State Nittany Lions, 76-54, while the Wolfpack beat the Wisconsin Badgers, 69-54.
The Wolfpack had a turnover percentage of 9.0 (better than their season average of 13.6) and held the Badgers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.420 (below their season average of 0.495). Wake Forest, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-22; 72.7 percent). Olivier Sarr played well for Wake Forest with 14 points and 10 rebounds. Meanwhile, Jericole Hellems played well for North Carolina State, recording 23 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Wolfpack won the most recent matchup 94-74. The Wolfpack’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Demon Deacons. North Carolina State had a rate of 35.0, while Wake Forest posted a mark of 25.0.
The aggressive Wake Forest offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this matchup. Since last season, the Demon Deacons rank 26th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.279, while North Carolina State ranks 294th in FTA rate allowed (0.261). Additionally, the 34th-ranked offense of the Wolfpack (offensive efficiency of 112.1) will attempt to exploit the 322nd-ranked defense of the Demon Deacons (defensive efficiency of 108.0).
North Carolina State Wolfpack at Wake Forest Demon Deacons Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina State, ATS Winner – North Carolina State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- North Carolina State ranks 58th in assists per game (14.7) while Wake Forest ranks 256th (11.4).
- The Wolfpack rank 37th in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while the Demon Deacons rank 176th (22.4).
- Wake Forest averages 38.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. North Carolina State ranks 143rd in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- The Wolfpack rank 78th in steals per game (7.3) while the Demon Deacons rank 273rd (4.8).
- North Carolina State ranks 76th in blocks per game (4.0) while Wake Forest ranks 228th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).