The North Carolina Central Eagles (14-13, 10-3 MEAC) will be at the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center to challenge the South Carolina State Bulldogs (11-15, 6-8 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. Action starts at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
North Carolina Central Eagles at South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Bulldogs fell to the Florida A&M Rattlers, 62-56, while the Eagles beat the Howard Bison, 80-65.
The Eagles had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 19.8) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.8 (above their season average of 29.0). South Carolina State, meanwhile, held Florida A&M to an effective field goal percentage of 0.368 (below their season average of 0.456). South Carolina State was lifted by Ian Kinard, who recorded 10 points and 14 rebounds. Jibri Blount, meanwhile had a good outing for North Carolina Central, recording 20 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, C.J. Keyser led the Eagles to a 73-56 victory. He scored a game-high 23 points. North Carolina Central had a much better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 18.7). South Carolina State, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent).
It could be an error-filled game for the South Carolina State offense. South Carolina State ranks 282nd in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the pesky defense of North Carolina Central forces the seventh-most turnovers in the NCAA (25.5 percent).
North Carolina Central Eagles at South Carolina State Bulldogs Odds Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Over
- North Carolina Central ranks 16th in steals per game (8.7) while South Carolina State ranks 245th (4.2).
- The Eagles rank 95th in assists per game (13.8) while the Bulldogs rank 239th (11.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 234th in three pointers attempted per game (19.3) while South Carolina State ranks 291st (16.5).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.8 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 3.3 for the season.