The Charleston Southern Buccaneers (3-5) welcome the North Carolina Central Eagles (2-7) to Buccaneer Fieldhouse. The Eagles look to put an end to a seven-game road losing streak. The game starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
North Carolina Central Eagles at Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Buccaneers defeated the Missouri Tigers, 68-60, while the Eagles got blown out by the Georgia Bulldogs, 95-59.
The Buccaneers had a solid turnover percentage of 9.8 (better than their season average of 17.7) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (above their season average of 0.402). North Carolina Central, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 16.5 (better than their season average of 21.7). Charleston Southern was led by Phlandrous Fleming Jr., who recorded 11 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Jibri Blount played a key role for North Carolina Central with 19 points, eight rebounds and five steals.
This contest should be a matchup of contrasting tempos. Since the 2018-19 season, Charleston Southern has preferred an up-and-down style of play (65th in possessions per game), while North Carolina Central has been more half-court-oriented (235th in possessions per game). It could also be a mistake-prone game for the Eagles’ offense, which ranks 336th in ball security (turnover percentage of 22.6 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Buccaneers, which has forced the 24th-most turnovers in the country (23.0 percent).
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Charleston Southern Buccaneers ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Charleston Southern, ATS Winner – Charleston Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- North Carolina Central ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Charleston Southern ranks 267th (37.4).
- The Eagles average 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 146th in the NCAA. The Buccaneers rank 201st in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Charleston Southern ranks 169th in blocks per game (3.0) while North Carolina Central ranks 190th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Buccaneers rank 35th in three pointers attempted per game (26.6) while the Eagles rank 237th (20.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 68th in assists per game (14.6) while Charleston Southern ranks 228th in assists allowed per game (14.1).