A seven-game home winning streak is on the line for the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (9-9, 3-1 MEAC) when they challenge the North Carolina Central Eagles (6-11, 2-1 MEAC) at Moore Gym. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Wildcats defeated the Morgan State Bears 85-78, while the Eagles beat the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks 69-64.
The Eagles had a turnover percentage of 15.4 (better than their season average of 20.8) and held the Hawks to an effective field goal percentage of 0.427 (below the 0.497 mark opponents have averaged against North Carolina Central this season). Bethune-Cookman, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 52.6 (above their season average of 30.0) and a free throw rate of 0.367 (above their season average of 0.248). For those same stats, Morgan State was 37.1 and 0.316, respectively. Bethune-Cookman rallied around Cletrell Pope, who put up 29 points and 18 rebounds. Jibri Blount, meanwhile played a key role for North Carolina Central with 19 points and eight rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Wildcats won 74-64. Bethune-Cookman’s 0.466 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over North Carolina Central, who had a mark of 0.346. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Bethune-Cookman might have a tough time finding the bottom of the net as they face off against one of the country’s best defenses. North Carolina Central currently ranks 98th in defensive efficiency, while the Wildcats rank 206th in offensive efficiency.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bethune-cookman, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 44th in rebounds per game (39.3) while North Carolina Central ranks 242nd (32.8).
- The Wildcats rank 223rd in three pointers attempted per game (18.9) while the Eagles rank 230th (18.5).
- The Eagles rank 14th in steals per game (9.5) while the Wildcats rank 87th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- North Carolina Central averages 13.2 assists per game, which ranks 132nd in the nation. Bethune-Cookman ranks 161st in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (6.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (4.9 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 3.4 for the season.