MEAC foes will collide when the South Carolina State Bulldogs (9-19, 5-8 MEAC) clash against the North Carolina Central Eagles (14-13, 8-5 MEAC) at Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
North Carolina Central Eagles at South Carolina State Bulldogs Betting Preview
In the Eagles last outing, they defeated the Howard Bison, 83-66. With 13 points and 14 assists, Jordan Perkins played well for North Carolina Central. The Eagles, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.525, had a phenomenal mark of 0.652 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.0 (above their season average of 33.5).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 76-62 loss to the Norfolk State Spartans in their last game. Damani Applewhite led South Carolina State in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-8 shooting. Norfolk State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9 (above their season average of 32.4). South Carolina State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (15.0 vs. 18.0).
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Bulldogs (ranked 40th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Eagles (223rd in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Eagles are among the nations best on the offensive backboards, ranking 50th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.6 percent). The Bulldogs, meanwhile, rank 330th in defensive rebounding percentage (66.7 percent).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Eagles won the only contest last season, 85-62. The Eagles played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.316 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 42.9. The Bulldogs recorded marks of 0.123 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. South Carolina State Bulldogs Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Over
- The Eagles rank 111th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Bulldogs rank 168th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 28th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while South Carolina State ranks 71st (5.8).
- North Carolina Central ranks 46th in assists per game (15.7) while South Carolina State ranks 257th (11.1).
- The Eagles rank 59th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while the Bulldogs rank 269th (38.5).
- North Carolina Central ranks 143rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while South Carolina State ranks 227th (23.9).
- The Bulldogs average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 11.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (3.4 above their season average).