The Delaware State Hornets (2-12), who are currently riding a nine-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they welcome the North Carolina Central Eagles (6-8) to Memorial Hall. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Delaware State Hornets ATS Preview
The Eagles easily got past the St. Andrews Presbyterian Knights in their last contest, 75-55. With 16 points and eight rebounds, Raasean Davis put together a solid performance for North Carolina Central. The Eagles, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.534, had an extraordinary mark of 0.623 and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (32.1 vs. 30.6).
In the Hornets last game, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Penn Quakers, 105-52. Jonathan Walker was Delaware State’s leading scorer with 10 points on 4-for-9 shooting. Penn made good use of their 25 trips to the charity stripe, making 21 of them (84.0 percent). Delaware State, on the other hand, was 10-14 (71.4 percent).
Delaware State might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the nations best defenses. North Carolina Central currently ranks 59th in defensive efficiency, while the Hornets rank 339th in offensive efficiency.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Eagles won 82-74. The Eagles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.400 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. The Hornets were 0.213 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Delaware State Hornets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina Central, ATS Winner – North Carolina Central, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 131st in three pointers allowed per game (23.6) while the Hornets rank 261st (27.1).
- North Carolina Central ranks 40th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Delaware State ranks 115th (3.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 73rd in rebounds per game (37.1) while Delaware State ranks 240th (32.6).
- The Eagles rank 16th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while the Hornets rank 157th (7.5).
- North Carolina Central ranks 106th in assists per game (15.8) while Delaware State ranks 237th (10.4).
- The Hornets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 26.8, up from 18.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (0.0 below their season average).