The North Carolina Central Eagles will open their season on the road when they square off with the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (1-0) at William R. Johnson Coliseum. Action gets underway at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
North Carolina Central Eagles at Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks Betting Odds
The Lumberjacks will look to maintain momentum after blowing out the LeTourneau YellowJackets in their last matchup, 89-70. With 18 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Kevon Harris was Stephen F. Austin’s leading scorer. Stephen F. Austin played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 52.3 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.521. LeTourneau was 25.0 and 0.417, respectively, for those same stats.
North Carolina Central went to the tournament last season after a 14-14 regular season campaign that earned them a 16th seed in the tournament. They lost in the First Four to the North Dakota State Bison.
The Eagles had records of 14-14 straight up (SU) and 5-2 against the spread (ATS) last season. Games involving North Carolina Central went under the projected point total 57.1 percent of the time.
Stephen F. Austin might struggle to put up points as they clash against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Dating back to last season, North Carolina Central ranks 67th in defensive efficiency while the Lumberjacks rank 272nd in offensive efficiency. Furthermore, the Eagles rank 332nd in turnover percentage (22.2 percent), while the Lumberjacks rank 20th in opponents’ turnover percentage (22.8 percent).
North Carolina Central vs. Stephen F. Austin Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stephen F. Austin, ATS Winner – Stephen F. Austin, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- North Carolina Central ranks 36th in assists per game (15.5) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 285th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- The Lumberjacks average 3.8 blocks per game, which ranks 98th in the country. The Eagles rank 176th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- North Carolina Central ranks 163rd in steals per game (6.1) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 206th in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- The Eagles rank 42nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while the Lumberjacks rank 268th (24.9).
- North Carolina Central ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (30.8) while Stephen F. Austin ranks 174th (35.2).