The North Carolina Central Eagles (12-12, 8-2 MEAC) and the North Carolina A&T Aggies (12-14, 8-3 MEAC) battle at Corbett Sports Center. The Eagles look to prolong their five-game winning streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 17, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
North Carolina Central Eagles at North Carolina A&T Aggies Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Aggies lost big to the Florida A&M Rattlers, 79-60, while the Eagles won a close one over the Morgan State Bears, 58-57.
North Carolina Central dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.292 (above their season average of 0.209) and a turnover percentage of 18.5 (better than their season average of 19.9). Morgan State put up marks of 0.192 and 21.7, respectively, for those same stats. North Carolina A&T, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.476). Andre Jackson played a pivotal role for North Carolina A&T with 10 points. North Carolina Central rallied around Jibri Blount, who contributed 20 points and nine rebounds.
The Aggies edged out the Eagles in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last contest, North Carolina Central won 65-63. The Eagles’ 14.5 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Aggies, who had a mark of 18.6. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
North Carolina A&T might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the nation’s best defenses. North Carolina Central currently ranks 29th in defensive efficiency, while the Aggies rank 327th in offensive efficiency.
North Carolina Central Eagles at North Carolina A&T Aggies Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Carolina A&T, ATS Winner – North Carolina A&T, O/U – Under
- North Carolina A&T ranks 36th in rebounds per game (39.0) while North Carolina Central ranks 246th (33.2).
- The Eagles rank 120th in assists per game (13.5) while the Aggies rank 171st in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- North Carolina A&T averages 3.7 blocks per game, which is ranked 74th in the nation. North Carolina Central ranks 100th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Eagles average 8.8 steals per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. The Aggies rank 160th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- North Carolina Central ranks 174th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while North Carolina A&T ranks 238th (24.0).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 3.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).