The Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks (2-15, 0-2 MEAC) welcome the North Carolina Central Eagles (6-9, 1-0 MEAC) to William P Hytche Athletic Center. The Eagles will try to end an eight-game road losing streak. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Hawks lost big to the Howard Bison, 79-39, while the Eagles were victorious over the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 68-59.
North Carolina Central dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.315 (above their season average of 0.220) and a turnover percentage of 17.8 (better than their season average of 19.8). Bethune-Cookman had marks of 0.214 and 24.4, respectively, for those same stats. Maryland Eastern Shore, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 16.1). Ahmad Frost was a key piece for Maryland Eastern Shore with 10 points. Raasean Davis had a solid performance for North Carolina Central, putting up 16 points and 12 rebounds.
The Eagles dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last contest, North Carolina Central won 77-49. The Eagles’ 35.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Hawks, who had a rate of 22.5. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Maryland Eastern Shore offense. Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 264th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.5 percent), while the disruptive defense of North Carolina Central forces the 31st-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.5 percent).
North Carolina Central Eagles vs. Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Maryland Eastern Shore, O/U – Over
- North Carolina Central ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 238th (39.9).
- The Eagles rank 44th in steals per game (7.9) while the Hawks rank 104th (6.4).
- The Eagles rank 59th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while the Hawks rank 229th (26.2).
- North Carolina Central ranks 67th in assists per game (15.1) while Maryland Eastern Shore ranks 227th (10.0).
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 51.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 4.7 for the season.