The North Carolina A&T Aggies (2-1) will travel to Swisher Gym to go head-to-head with the Jacksonville Dolphins (0-2) in their home opener. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Jacksonville Dolphins ATS Preview
In the Aggies last outing, they had no trouble getting past the Citadel Bulldogs, 92-73. With 18 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists, Devonte Boykins played well for North Carolina A&T. North Carolina A&T couldnt miss, shooting 56.9 percent from the field. Citadel, on the other hand, had a field goal percentage of just 34.2.
The Dolphins are trying to rebound after their 73-57 loss to the Georgetown Hoyas in their last matchup. JD Notae led Jacksonville in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-17 shooting. Georgetown had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.544 vs. 0.391). Jacksonville, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.255 vs. 0.193).
Jacksonville could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense squares off against one of the nations worst defenses. Since the 2016-17 season, the Dolphins rank 35th in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while North Carolina A&T ranks 259th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.518). Furthermore, the Aggies rank 334th in turnover percentage (22.0 percent), while the Dolphins rank 57th in opponents turnover percentage (20.9 percent).
The Dolphins won the only contest against the Aggies last season, 66-49. The Dolphins played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.2 and a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.362. For those same stats, the Aggies were 24.9 and 0.275, respectively.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at Jacksonville Dolphins ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jacksonville, ATS Winner – Jacksonville, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Aggies rank 216th in rebounds per game (34.9) while the Dolphins rank 292nd (32.7).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 262nd in blocks per game (2.2) while Jacksonville ranks 281st (1.9).
- Jacksonville ranks 23rd in steals per game (7.9) while North Carolina A&T ranks 259th (4.9).
- The Dolphins rank 51st in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Aggies rank 287th in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Jacksonville ranks 171st in assists per game (13.4) while North Carolina A&T ranks 286th in assists allowed per game (16.0).