The North Carolina A&T Aggies (17-12, 10-4 MEAC) will travel to Moore Gym to square off against the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (17-12, 11-3 MEAC) in their home finale. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 26, 2018.
North Carolina A&T Aggies at Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Free Preview
The Aggies were beaten by the Florida A&M Rattlers in their last contest, 83-77. With 16 points on 6-for-7 shooting, Denzel Keyes led North Carolina A&T in scoring. Florida A&M had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 18.2). North Carolina A&T, on the other hand, held the Rattlers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.1 (below the 29.3 mark opponents have averaged against North Carolina A&T this season).
In the Wildcats’ last matchup, they dismantled the Savannah State Tigers, 121-92. Bethune-Cookman was led by Isaiah Bailey, who racked up 19 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists. This gave him his zeroth triple-double of the season. The Wildcats, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.497, had a ridiculous mark of 0.662 and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 33.9).
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Bethune-Cookman in this meeting. The Wildcats rank 39th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.0 percent), while North Carolina A&T ranks 208th in defensive rebounding percentage (70.8 percent).
The Aggies’ Davaris McGowens (14.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.8 steals) and Keyes (16.6 points and 8.2 rebounds) have been playing at a high level over their last five games. Meanwhile, the Wildcats have received solid contributions from Bailey (20.8 points, 7.2 assists, 5.6 rebounds and 2.2 steals) and Brandon Tabb (25.2 points and 1.6 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Wildcats won the only contest played against each other last season, 73-70. The Wildcats’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Aggies. Bethune-Cookman had a rate of 35.7, while North Carolina A&T posted a mark of 29.4.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats ATS Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank 101st in steals per game (6.5) while the Wildcats rank 146th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 66th in assists per game (15.3) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 242nd in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- The Wildcats rank third in rebounds per game (42.0) while the Aggies rank 162nd (35.2).
- Bethune-Cookman ranks 69th in three pointers attempted per game (24.4) while North Carolina A&T ranks 134th in three pointers allowed per game (21.4).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 14.4, up from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (9.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.8 points per game (9.0 above their season average).