MEAC foes will collide when the Florida A&M Rattlers (6-23, 5-8 MEAC) clash against the North Carolina A&T Aggies (17-11, 10-3 MEAC) at Al Lawson Center. Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Florida A&M Rattlers Odds Preview
In the Aggies last outing, they defeated the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 78-69. Denzel Keyes was the games high scorer with 21 points on 9-for-14 shooting. The Aggies had a superb free throw rate of 0.278 (above their season average of 0.271) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.522).
The Rattlers come in on a high note after edging the Delaware State Hornets in their last outing, 66-63. Florida A&M rallied around Desmond Williams, who recorded 19 points and six rebounds. Florida A&M’s effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Delaware State. The Rattlers had a rate of 0.610 (above their season average of 0.466), while the Hornets posted a mark of 0.500.
Florida A&M may have trouble getting to the foul line in this battle. The Rattlers rank 250th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.218, while North Carolina A&T ranks 64th in FTA rate allowed (0.202).
Williams has really been playing well over the last five games for Florida A&M, averaging 23.8 points, 7.4 rebounds and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Rattlers won the sole contest last season, 83-77. Florida A&M was effective at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Rattlers made 25 of their 27 free throws (92.6 percent), while the Aggies were just 11-17 (64.7 percent).
North Carolina A&T Aggies vs. Florida A&M Rattlers Free Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Florida A&M, ATS Winner – Florida A&M, O/U – Under
- The Aggies rank 196th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while the Rattlers rank 265th (18.2).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 98th in steals per game (6.6) while Florida A&M ranks 139th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 56th in assists per game (15.4) while Florida A&M ranks 252nd (11.2).
- The Aggies average 35.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 151st in the nation. The Rattlers rank 279th in rebounds allowed per game (39.1).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Florida A&M ranks 116th (3.5).
- The Rattlers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 11.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Aggies have scored an average of 81.2 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (2.9 above their season average).