The North Florida Ospreys (17-10, 10-2 Asun) and the North Alabama Lions (10-15, 5-7 Asun) go head-to-head at UNF Arena. The Ospreys will try to prolong their five-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
North Alabama Lions vs. North Florida Ospreys Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Ospreys beat the Jacksonville Dolphins, 81-66, while the Lions fell to the Stetson Hatters, 75-64.
North Florida played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.220 (above their season average of 0.208) and a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 16.1). Jacksonville recorded marks of 0.033 and 16.1, respectively, for those same stats. North Alabama, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.576 (above their season average of 0.483). Wajid Aminu fueled North Florida with 21 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Emanuel Littles had a solid performance for North Alabama, finishing with 12 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Carter Hendricksen led the Ospreys to an 81-65 win. He notched a double-double with 15 points and 13 rebounds. North Florida’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over North Alabama. The Ospreys had a rate of 0.618 while the Lions posted a mark of 0.397.
The Lions’ Littles has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 13 rebounds,9.6 points per game. Meanwhile, Garrett Sams has averaged 19 points,5.4 rebounds during that same time frame for the Ospreys.
The high-powered offense of North Florida will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of North Alabama. The Ospreys currently rank 17th in offensive efficiency, while the Lions are 164th in defensive efficiency. The Ospreys should have the edge on that side of the ball. Furthermore, the Lions rank 56th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.265), while the Ospreys rank 54th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.186).
North Alabama Lions vs. North Florida Ospreys ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – North Florida, ATS Winner – North Florida, O/U – Over
- North Florida ranks 32nd in assists per game (15.2) while North Alabama ranks 230th (11.1).
- The Lions rank 152nd in rebounds per game (35.4) while the Ospreys rank 189th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- North Alabama ranks 39th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while North Florida ranks 66th (5.8).
- The Ospreys rank second in three pointers attempted per game (30.9) while the Lions rank 189th (20.8).
- North Florida averages 3.6 blocks per game, which ranks 80th in the country. North Alabama ranks 130th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Ospreys’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 17.0, up from 5.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (6.4 above their season average).