The FGCU Eagles (10-20, 7-8 Asun) welcome the North Alabama Lions (12-16, 7-8 Asun) to Alico Arena as the regular season wraps up. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
North Alabama Lions at FGCU Eagles ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious over their last opponent. The Eagles defeated the Jacksonville Dolphins 73-67, while the Lions beat the NJIT Highlanders 72-65.
The Lions had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 35.9 (above their season average of 27.9) and had a free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.258). Meanwhile, FGCU played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 20.5) and a free throw rate of 0.197 (above their season average of 0.161). For those same stats, Jacksonville had marks of 19.6 and 0.172, respectively. Jalen Warren had a good game for FGCU, contributing 13 points, seven assists and five rebounds. Emanuel Littles, meanwhile was a key piece for North Alabama with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Christian Agnew led the Lions to a 70-65 win. He recorded 17 points. North Alabama did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent). FGCU, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (27.3 vs. 9.5).
North Alabama at FGCU Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – FGCU, ATS Winner – FGCU, O/U – Over
- North Alabama ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while FGCU ranks 211th (7.6).
- The Eagles rank 163rd in assists per game (12.7) while the Lions rank 240th (11.0).
- North Alabama averages 36.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 118th in the country. FGCU ranks 149th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- The Lions rank 32nd in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while the Eagles rank 138th (21.4).
- FGCU averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 53rd in the nation. North Alabama ranks 146th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (3.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.0 points per game (1.2 below their season average).
- The Eagles have outscored opponents by an average of 3.0 points in their last five games. On the season, FGCU has lost by an average of 4.4 points.