The Norfolk State Spartans (13-14, 9-3 MEAC) will be at Moore Gym to challenge the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats (14-13, 8-5 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020.
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Wildcats defeated the South Carolina State Bulldogs, 69-65, while the Spartans lost a tough one against the Florida A&M Rattlers, 66-63.
Bethune-Cookman played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.422 (above their season average of 0.260) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.4 (above their season average of 30.4). South Carolina State recorded marks of 0.220 and 36.1, respectively, for those same stats. Norfolk State, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (34.3 vs. 33.3). Cletrell Pope played well for Bethune-Cookman with 14 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Norfolk State was lifted by Joe Bryant Jr., who recorded 15 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Steven Whitley led the Spartans to an 85-72 win. He produced 18 points, seven assists and five rebounds. The Spartans’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Wildcats. Norfolk State had a rate of 11.9, while Bethune-Cookman posted a mark of 19.3.
It might be a sloppy game for the Bethune-Cookman offense. Bethune-Cookman ranks 267th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.3 percent), while the gambling defense of Norfolk State forces the 26th-most turnovers in the nation (23.1 percent). Moreover, the Spartans rank 55th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462), while the Wildcats rank 292nd in effective field goal percentage (0.473).
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Bethune-Cookman, ATS Winner – Bethune-Cookman, O/U – Over
- Norfolk State ranks 97th in rebounds per game (36.9) while Bethune-Cookman ranks 254th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- The Spartans rank 94th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while the Wildcats rank 244th (19.3).
- Norfolk State averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 54th in the country. Bethune-Cookman ranks 163rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (2.6 below their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 1.9 for the season.