The San Diego Toreros (2-0) will be at home in Jenny Craig Pavilion when they square off with the Norfolk State Spartans (0-2). Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Norfolk State Spartans at San Diego Toreros Odds Preview
In the Spartans last game, they lost a close one to the Lynchburg Hornets, 83-80. Norfolk States Preston Bungei had a solid performance, recording 19 points, eight rebounds and five blocks. Lynchburg had a much better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 25.3). Norfolk State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (41.0 vs. 21.4).
The Toreros hope to maintain momentum after defeating the Robert Morris Colonials in their last contest, 65-53. With 17 points on 4-for-11 shooting, Isaiah Wright was the games leading scorer. San Diego played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.490 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4. Robert Morris was 0.259 and 21.4, respectively, for those same stats.
The physical San Diego offense might be living from the free throw line in this matchup. The Toreros rank 97th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.270, while Norfolk State ranks 217th in FTA rate allowed (0.259) since the 2016-17 season.
Norfolk State Spartans vs. San Diego Toreros Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – San Diego, ATS Winner – San Diego, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Toreros rank 13th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Spartans rank 140th (6.1).
- San Diego ranks 241st in assists per game (12.2) while Norfolk State ranks 296th (11.1).
- Norfolk State ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.3) while San Diego ranks 280th (1.9).
- The Spartans rank 49th in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Toreros rank 274th (33.2).
- San Diego ranks 70th in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Norfolk State ranks 264th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5).