The Norfolk State Spartans (2-0) will travel to The Pavilion at Ole Miss to go head-to-head against the Ole Miss Rebels (1-0). Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Norfolk State Spartans at Ole Miss Rebels Betting Odds
Both teams had no trouble getting past their last opponent. The Rebels defeated the Arkansas State Red Wolves 71-43, while the Spartans beat the Penn State-Wilkes-Barre Nittany Lions 93-53.
Norfolk State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.550. Penn State-Wilkes-Barre put up marks of 32.3 and 0.323, respectively, for those same stats. Ole Miss, meanwhile, played a perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 and a turnover percentage of 18.8. Arkansas State recorded marks of 17.1 and 31.0, respectively, for those same stats. KJ Buffen was a key piece for Ole Miss with 16 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Norfolk State received a boost from Jermaine Bishop, who contributed 15 points and six assists.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the offense of Ole Miss. Since last season, Ole Miss ranks 169th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 18.5 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Norfolk State has forced the 28th-most turnovers in the nation (22.2 percent).
Norfolk State Spartans at Ole Miss Rebels Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Norfolk State, ATS Winner – Norfolk State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Ole Miss ranks 34th in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Norfolk State ranks 223rd (23.8).
- The Spartans average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 56th in the country. The Rebels rank 140th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Ole Miss averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 79th in the NCAA. Norfolk State ranks 155th in assists allowed per game (13.1).
- The Rebels rank 54th in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while the Spartans rank 243rd (36.2).
- Norfolk State ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Ole Miss ranks 156th (6.3).