A six-game home winning streak is on the line for the Florida A&M Rattlers (10-14, 8-5 MEAC) when they go head-to-head with the Norfolk State Spartans (13-13, 9-2 MEAC) at Al Lawson Center. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Norfolk State Spartans vs. Florida A&M Rattlers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Rattlers were beaten by the Maryland Eastern Shore Hawks, 81-71, while the Spartans won big over the Coppin State Eagles, 80-60.
Norfolk State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 (above their season average of 31.3) and a turnover percentage of 15.7 (better than their season average of 18.0). For those same stats, Coppin State had marks of 21.1 and 18.1, respectively. Florida A&M, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.574 (above their season average of 0.449). Rod Melton Jr. played well for Florida A&M, finishing with 24 points. Norfolk State was led by Steven Whitley, who finished with 11 points, 12 rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Joe Bryant Jr. led the Spartans to a 95-67 win. He produced 15 points. Norfolk State made eight of their 16 three pointers (50.0 percent). Florida A&M was, meanwhile, 4-15 (26.7 percent).
The inefficient offense of Florida A&M will face off against the elite defense of Norfolk State. The Rattlers rank 333rd in offensive efficiency, while the Spartans are 31st in defensive efficiency. The Spartans should have the edge on that side of the ball. Also, the Spartans rank 295th in turnover percentage (20.8 percent), while the Rattlers rank 59th in opponents’ turnover percentage (21.6 percent).
Norfolk State at Florida A&M Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Norfolk State, ATS Winner – Norfolk State, O/U – Under
- Norfolk State ranks 93rd in three pointers attempted per game (23.7) while Florida A&M ranks 305th (13.8).
- The Spartans rank 146th in assists per game (13.2) while the Rattlers rank 267th (10.3).
- The Spartans average 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 53rd in the country. The Rattlers rank 199th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Norfolk State ranks 97th in rebounds per game (37.0) while Florida A&M ranks 241st in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- During their last five games, the Spartans have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.4 points per game (1.0 below their season average).
- The Rattlers have outscored opponents by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida A&M has been defeated by an average of 7.0 points.