The NJIT Highlanders (0-1) look to put an end to the six-game winning streak of West Virginia when they head to WVU Coliseum to take on the No. 19 Mountaineers (6-1). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
NJIT Highlanders at West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Preview
In the Highlanders last game, they got blown out by the No. 22 Seton Hall Pirates, 82-53. With 10 points on 4-for-9 shooting, Abdul Lewis led NJIT in scoring. Seton Halls 0.250 free throw rate was their biggest strength over NJIT, who had a mark of 0.093.
The Mountaineers hope to maintain momentum after topping the Missouri Tigers in their last matchup, 83-79. With 29 points on 8-for-18 shooting, Jevon Carter was the games high scorer. The Mountaineers forced 20 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.517 (above their season average of 0.226).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. Since last season, the Mountaineers rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (38.1 percent), while NJIT ranks 25th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.9 percent). Additionally, the 259th-ranked offense of the Highlanders (offensive efficiency of 101.7) will face off against the fourth-ranked defense of the Mountaineers (defensive efficiency of 92.2).
NJIT Highlanders vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – West Virginia, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Highlanders rank 39th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while the Mountaineers rank 140th (21.8).
- West Virginia ranks 63rd in rebounds per game (38.1) while NJIT ranks 93rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- West Virginia averages 16.5 assists per game, which ranks 19th in the nation. NJIT ranks 232nd in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Mountaineers rank 26th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Highlanders rank 209th (2.8).
- West Virginia averages 10.3 steals per game, which ranks first in the nation. NJIT ranks 160th in steals allowed per game (6.3).