The Stetson Hatters (4-16, 0-5 Asun) welcome the NJIT Highlanders (15-5, 3-2 Asun) to Edmunds Center. The Hatters look to put an end to their five-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
NJIT Highlanders at Stetson Hatters ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Hatters lost big to the FGCU Eagles, 87-65, while the Highlanders beat the North Florida Ospreys, 76-72.
NJIT played a nearly perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.300 (above their season average of 0.290) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2 (above their season average of 22.5). For those same stats, North Florida was 0.136 and 28.9, respectively. Stetson, meanwhile, did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (11-14; 78.6 percent). Keith Matthews put together a solid performance for Stetson with 11 points and five rebounds. Abdul Lewis had a good outing for NJIT, contributing 24 points and 18 rebounds.
The Hatters dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Stetson won 84-80. Stetson had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 14.5). NJIT, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.255 vs. 0.121). This is the first time these teams will meet this year.
Stetson might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the nation’s best defenses. NJIT ranks 62nd in defensive efficiency while the Hatters rank 315th in offensive efficiency.
NJIT Highlanders vs. Stetson Hatters ATS Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Stetson, O/U – Under
- Stetson ranks 96th in assists per game (14.3) while NJIT ranks 247th (10.6).
- The Hatters average 3.4 blocks per game, which ranks 100th in the country. The Highlanders rank 114th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Highlanders rank 146th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Hatters rank 264th in rebounds allowed per game (39.8).
- NJIT averages 7.0 steals per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. Stetson ranks 147th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- The Hatters’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.0, up from 10.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average).