To get their season going, the NJIT Highlanders will travel to Prudential Center and challenge the No. 22 Seton Hall Pirates (3-0). Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
NJIT Highlanders vs. Seton Hall Pirates Betting Preview
The Pirates hope to maintain momentum after beating the Indiana Hoosiers in their last game, 84-68. Seton Hall was led by Angel Delgado, who contributed 19 points and 11 rebounds. Seton Hall dominated every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.388 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.663. Indiana put up marks of 0.145 and 0.545, respectively, for those same stats.
Last season, NJIT was unable make the tournament following an 11-20 regular season campaign.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the NCAAs top rebounding teams face off. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Pirates rank 18th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.3 percent), while NJIT ranks 21st in defensive rebounding percentage (75.1 percent).
Last season, the Highlanders were 11-20 straight up (SU) and 1-3 against the spread (ATS). NJITs games went over the projected point total 50.0 percent of the time.
The Pirates have had a solid 24-11 SU record since last season, but have struggled covering the spread (15-19-1 ATS). Seton Halls games have had a slight tendency to go under the O/U total over that same stretch (52.9 percent).
NJIT Highlanders at Seton Hall Pirates Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Seton Hall, ATS Winner – NJIT, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Highlanders rank 194th in blocks per game (2.9) while the Pirates rank 234th (2.5).
- Seton Hall ranks 214th in assists per game (12.7) while NJIT ranks 221st in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- NJIT ranks 35th in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while Seton Hall ranks 269th (18.4).
- The Pirates rank 19th in rebounds per game (39.6) while the Highlanders rank 126th (36.6).
- NJIT averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 125th in the nation. Seton Hall ranks 226th in steals allowed per game (6.9).