The NJIT Highlanders (7-16, 4-6 Asun) will be at Allen Arena to meet the Lipscomb Bisons (10-14, 5-6 Asun) in an Asun matchup. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
NJIT Highlanders at Lipscomb Bisons ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Bisons defeated the Kennesaw State Owls, 72-66, while the Highlanders fell to the Jacksonville Dolphins, 65-54.
The Bisons held the Owls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below the 0.515 mark opponents have averaged against Lipscomb this season) and had a free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.191). NJIT, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (19.1 vs. 17.1). Lipscomb was lifted by Ahsan Asadullah, who put up 27 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Zach Cooks led the way for NJIT, finishing with 15 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Cooks led the Highlanders to a 75-57 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 24 points. The Highlanders’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Bisons. NJIT had a rate of 26.9, while Lipscomb posted a mark of 14.3.
NJIT could have trouble getting to the foul line in this meeting. The Highlanders currently rank 275th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.201, while Lipscomb ranks 41st in FTA rate allowed (0.179).
NJIT Highlanders vs. Lipscomb Bisons Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Lipscomb, ATS Winner – Lipscomb, O/U – Under
- Lipscomb ranks 149th in assists per game (13.0) while NJIT ranks 236th (11.0).
- The Bisons average 35.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 156th in the nation. The Highlanders rank 170th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- The Bisons rank 151st in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Highlanders rank 230th (19.2).
- NJIT ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Lipscomb ranks 99th (6.3).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bisons have scored an average of 73.6 points per game (2.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.8 points per game (0.7 below their season average).