The North Alabama Lions (11-16, 6-8 Asun) wrap up their home schedule at Flowers Hall against the NJIT Highlanders (8-19, 5-9 Asun). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
NJIT Highlanders at North Alabama Lions ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Lions had no trouble getting past the Kennesaw State Owls, 65-46, while the Highlanders lost to the FGCU Eagles, 55-39.
North Alabama dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 27.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.531 (above their season average of 0.483). For those same stats, Kennesaw State was 8.8 and 0.380, respectively. NJIT, on the other hand, forced FGCU into a turnover percentage of 20.4 (above the 16.3 mark opponents have averaged against NJIT this season). North Alabama rallied around Mervin James, who recorded 16 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Zach Cooks played a pivotal role for NJIT with 18 points.
In their first matchup this season, Emanuel Littles led the Lions to a 78-74 victory. He recorded a double-double with 10 points and 14 rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of North Alabama’s biggest advantages. They had 36 free throw attempts, while NJIT had 24.
The aggressive North Alabama offense could be getting to the foul line a lot in this contest. The Lions currently rank 80th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.258, while NJIT ranks 211th in FTA rate allowed (0.233).
NJIT Highlanders at North Alabama Lions ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – North Alabama, ATS Winner – North Alabama, O/U – Under
- North Alabama ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (10.4) while NJIT ranks 146th (12.7).
- The Lions allow the 37th-fewest steals per game (5.4) while the Highlanders rank 41st (5.4).
- The Lions rank 138th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Highlanders rank 250th (33.0).
- North Alabama ranks 204th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while NJIT ranks 245th (19.1).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Highlanders have scored an average of 56.6 points per game (6.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.6 points per game (2.8 below their season average).