Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the NJIT Highlanders (7-17, 4-7 Asun) head to Liberty to take on the Flames (23-3, 9-2 Asun). The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
NJIT Highlanders at Liberty Flames Betting Odds
In their last game, the Flames dismantled the North Alabama Lions, 74-56, while the Highlanders were beaten by the Lipscomb Bisons, 77-63.
The Flames held the Lions to an effective field goal percentage of 0.362 (below their season average of 0.489) and had a free throw rate of 0.327 (above their season average of 0.208). NJIT, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (11.4 vs. 16.5). Caleb Homesley had a solid performance for Liberty with 30 points and nine rebounds. NJIT, meanwhile, was led by Zach Cooks, who put up 22 points, six rebounds and five steals.
In their first matchup this season, Homesley led the Flames to a 65-38 victory. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 20 points. Liberty launched 20 three pointers, making eight of them (40.0 percent). NJIT was, on the other hand, 4-17 (23.5 percent).
The high-octane offense of Liberty (14th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 112.0) will face off against the bottom-tier defense of NJIT (279th in the country with a defensive efficiency of 104.0). The Flames should have the edge on that side of the ball.
NJIT Highlanders at Liberty Flames Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Liberty, ATS Winner – Liberty, O/U – Over
- Liberty ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (29.2) while NJIT ranks 168th (35.4).
- The Flames rank 185th in three pointers attempted per game (21.0) while the Highlanders rank 227th (19.3).
- Liberty is 14th in the nation with 4.8 steals allowed per game while NJIT is 37th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- The Flames rank first in assists allowed per game (7.9) while the Highlanders rank 143rd (12.9).
- Liberty ranks first in blocks allowed per game (1.7) while NJIT ranks 134th (3.6).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.8, up from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flames have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 51.4 points per game (0.8 below their season average).