The Kennesaw State Owls (1-27, 0-15 Asun) welcome the NJIT Highlanders (8-20, 5-10 Asun) to KSU Convocation Center as the regular season wraps up. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
NJIT Highlanders vs. Kennesaw State Owls Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Owls got blown out by the Liberty Flames, 76-52, while the Highlanders fell to the North Alabama Lions, 72-65.
NJIT had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 13.9) while Kennesaw State did a fantastic job of making free throws (11-13; 84.6 percent). Bryson Lockley played well for Kennesaw State with 15 points and six rebounds. NJIT, meanwhile, was lifted by Zach Cooks, who finished with 25 points.
In their first matchup this season, Cooks led the Highlanders to a 66-48 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 19 points. NJIT’s 0.500 effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Kennesaw State, who had a rate of 0.336.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Kennesaw State ranks 271st in possessions per game (67.3) and NJIT is 305th (66.4).
NJIT Highlanders at Kennesaw State Owls Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kennesaw State, ATS Winner – Kennesaw State, O/U – Under
- NJIT ranks 143rd in assists allowed per game (12.6) while Kennesaw State ranks 235th (14.5).
- The Highlanders rank 243rd in three pointers attempted per game (19.0) while the Owls rank 290th (16.7).
- NJIT ranks 144th in blocks per game (2.9) while Kennesaw State ranks 156th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- The Highlanders rank 36th in steals allowed per game (5.4) while the Owls rank 121st (6.4).
- NJIT ranks 183rd in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while Kennesaw State ranks 246th (37.8).
- The Highlanders’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Owls have scored an average of 50.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average).