The NJIT Highlanders (0-2) will travel to Newman Arena at Bartels Hall to take on the Cornell Big Red (1-1). Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
NJIT Highlanders vs. Cornell Big Red Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Big Red lost a close one to the Bryant Bulldogs, 82-81, while the Highlanders got blown out by the Providence Friars, 76-47.
NJIT did a great job of converting from the free throw line (8-10; 80.0 percent) while Cornell did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (18-23; 78.3 percent). Cornell was led by Terrance McBride, who recorded 13 points, seven assists and six rebounds. Zach Cooks played well for NJIT, recording 22 points.
Dating back to the 2018-19 season, NJIT has done a solid job of getting to the charity stripe. They rank 59th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.267), but Cornell has been among the best in the NCAA at keeping opponents off the line (ranking 33rd by allowing a FTA rate of 0.186).
NJIT Highlanders vs. Cornell Big Red ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Cornell, ATS Winner – Cornell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Cornell ranks 64th in assists per game (14.8) while NJIT ranks 287th (10.7).
- The Big Red rank 119th in blocks per game (3.5) while the Highlanders rank 169th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- NJIT ranks 143rd in steals per game (6.2) while Cornell ranks 159th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- The Big Red rank 115th in three pointers attempted per game (23.6) while the Highlanders rank 240th (20.7).
- NJIT ranks 212th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9) while Cornell ranks 265th (37.3).