The Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-1) will be at home in E.A. Diddle Arena when they meet the Nicholls Colonels (2-1). Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Betting Preview
The last time the Colonels played, they easily got past the Spring Hill Badgers, 127-83. With 20 points, seven assists and six rebounds, Roddy Peters played well for Nicholls. Nicholls played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.704. Spring Hill was 27.2 and 0.534, respectively, for those same stats.
The Hilltoppers come in on a high note after dismantling the Kentucky Wesleyan Panthers in their last contest, 83-53. Western Kentucky received a boost from Dwight Coleby, who was the games high scorer with 19 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Western Kentucky played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.275 and a turnover percentage of 13.1. Kentucky Wesleyan was 0.063 and 32.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this meeting. Dating back to last season, Nicholls has preferred to play up-tempo (17th in possessions per game), while Western Kentucky has been more half-court-oriented (289th in possessions per game).
Nicholls Colonels vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Colonels rank third in blocks per game (6.0) while the Hilltoppers rank 146th (3.3).
- Nicholls averages 14.5 assists per game, which ranks 105th in the NCAA. Western Kentucky ranks 240th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Nicholls ranks 30th in steals per game (7.6) while Western Kentucky ranks 270th (4.6).
- The Colonels rank 14th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Hilltoppers rank 250th (18.9).
- Western Kentucky ranks 121st in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while Nicholls ranks 308th (40.1).