The UMBC Retrievers (2-3) will be at home in Retriever Activities Center when they meet the Nicholls Colonels (3-2). Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Nicholls Colonels vs. UMBC Retrievers Betting Preview
The Colonels defeated the Presbyterian Blue Hose in their last game, 76-64. Roddy Peters was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 10-for-17 shooting. The Colonels held the Blue Hose to an effective field goal percentage of 0.407 (below their season average of 0.531) and had a better turnover percentage (16.6 vs. 20.2).
The last time the Retrievers played, they topped the Chicago State Cougars, 84-73. UMBC received a boost from Joe Sherburne, who was the games high scorer with 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting. The Retrievers had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 18.3), while the Cougars had a free throw rate of 0.214 (below the 0.263 mark opponents have averaged against UMBC this season).
UMBC could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-octane offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. Since last season, the Retrievers rank 41st in offensive efficiency, while Nicholls ranks 310th in defensive efficiency.
Nicholls Colonels at UMBC Retrievers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Retrievers rank 181st in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while the Colonels rank 320th (40.0).
- Nicholls ranks 29th in steals per game (7.7) while UMBC ranks 110th (6.7).
- Nicholls ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.9) while UMBC ranks 254th (2.4).
- The Retrievers rank 74th in assists per game (15.0) while the Colonels rank 308th in assists allowed per game (16.5).
- Nicholls ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while UMBC ranks 236th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).