The Nicholls Colonels (9-6, 3-1 SthLnd) will be at the Montagne Center to square off with the Lamar Cardinals (8-7, 2-2 SthLnd) in a SthLnd matchup. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Nicholls Colonels at Lamar Cardinals ATS Odds
In their last game, the Cardinals were beaten by the Abilene Christian Wildcats, 74-62, while the Colonels defeated the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 70-58.
The Colonels held the Bearkats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 21.2 (below their season average of 30.3) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.529). Lamar, meanwhile, did an excellent job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent). T.J. Atwood put together a good game for Lamar with 21 points and six rebounds. D’Angelo Hunter led the way for Nicholls, recording 19 points and five rebounds.
The Cardinals won the sole game between these two teams last season, 90-69. Lamar made good use of their 27 trips to the free throw line, making 25 of them (92.6 percent). Nicholls, on the other hand, was just 4-4 (100.0 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Lamar might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Nicholls currently ranks 57th in defensive efficiency, while the Cardinals rank 278th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Colonels could control the offensive glass in this contest as they rank 57th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.5 percent. The Cardinals, meanwhile, rank 318th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.6 percent).
Nicholls Colonels vs. Lamar Cardinals Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
- Nicholls ranks 60th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Lamar ranks 268th (16.9).
- The Cardinals rank 19th in blocks per game (5.3) while the Colonels rank 112th (3.2).
- Nicholls averages 13.1 assists per game, which ranks 142nd in the NCAA. Lamar ranks 149th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Cardinals average 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. The Colonels rank 219th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- Lamar ranks seventh in steals per game (9.9) while Nicholls ranks 143rd in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 65.6 points per game (11.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (0.7 above their season average).
- The Cardinals have been outscored by an average of 6.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Lamar has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.