Expect a shootout when the Nicholls Colonels (18-10, 12-5 SthLnd) clash with the Houston Baptist Huskies (3-22, 3-13 SthLnd) at Sharp Gymnasium. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Nicholls Colonels at Houston Baptist Huskies Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Huskies lost to the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 77-73, while the Colonels lost big to the Central Arkansas Bears, 84-65.
Nicholls forced Central Arkansas into a turnover percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 19.7) while Houston Baptist did a terrific job of making free throws (19-21; 90.5 percent). Houston Baptist was lifted by Philip McKenzie, who had 11 points and 11 rebounds. Andre Jones, meanwhile fueled Nicholls with 15 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Warith Alatishe led the Colonels to a 91-83 win. He notched a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. The Colonels’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Huskies. Nicholls had a rate of 14.7, while Houston Baptist posted a mark of 21.1.
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this matchup that showcases a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. Houston Baptist currently ranks third in possessions per game (77.6) and Nicholls is 28th (73.5).
Nicholls Colonels at Houston Baptist Huskies Odds Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, ATS Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Under
- Nicholls ranks fourth in steals per game (10.1) while Houston Baptist ranks 221st in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Colonels rank 41st in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while the Huskies rank 148th (21.7).
- Nicholls ranks 90th in blocks per game (3.5) while Houston Baptist ranks 166th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Huskies average 36.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 107th in the country. The Colonels rank 226th in rebounds allowed per game (37.4).
- Nicholls ranks 152nd in assists allowed per game (12.9) while Houston Baptist ranks 270th (19.4).
- The Colonels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 6.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 71.2 points per game (8.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (12.4 below their season average).