Expect a fast-paced game when the Nicholls Colonels (18-9, 12-4 SthLnd) travel to Central Arkansas to play the Bears (9-18, 8-8 SthLnd). Action gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Nicholls Colonels at Central Arkansas Bears Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bears fell to the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks, 83-68, while the Colonels were victorious over the Northwestern State Demons, 73-69.
The Colonels made 12 of their 15 free throws (80.0 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 13.3 (better than their season average of 16.7). Central Arkansas, on the other hand, forced Stephen F. Austin into a turnover percentage of 27.9 (above their season average of 20.6). Rylan Bergersen had a solid performance for Central Arkansas with 19 points. Meanwhile, Warith Alatishe had a solid performance for Nicholls, contributing 16 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Elvis Harvey Jr. led the Colonels to a 79-72 victory. He put up 24 points and six rebounds. The Colonels’ turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over the Bears. Nicholls had a rate of 11.8, while Central Arkansas posted a mark of 18.5.
Central Arkansas might have difficulty scoring as they square off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Nicholls currently ranks 48th in defensive efficiency while the Bears rank 310th in offensive efficiency.
Nicholls Colonels at Central Arkansas Bears Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
- Nicholls averages 10.0 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the country. Central Arkansas ranks 221st in steals allowed per game (8.9).
- The Colonels rank 143rd in assists allowed per game (12.7) while the Bears rank 259th (15.9).
- Central Arkansas ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.1) while Nicholls ranks 80th (3.6).
- The Bears average 38.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. The Colonels rank 231st in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- Nicholls ranks 44th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Central Arkansas ranks 212th (23.7).
- During their last five games, the Bears have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (3.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (6.5 below their season average).
- The Colonels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 7.7 for the season.