A high-scoring game should be expected when the Central Arkansas Bears (13-13, 7-6 SthLnd) and the Nicholls Colonels (17-9, 11-2 SthLnd) clash at Farris Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Central Arkansas Bears ATS Preview
The last time the Colonels played, they barely escaped the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 73-72. Tevon Saddler was Nicholls high scorer with 15 points on 5-for-9 shooting. Nicholls 13.9 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Sam Houston State, who had a rate of 25.4. The Colonels mark was better than their season average of 18.0, while the Bearkats was above their season average of 16.1.
The Bears are trying to rebound after their 76-72 loss to the McNeese State Cowboys in their last game. Mathieu Kamba was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 10-for-15 shooting. McNeese State had a better free throw rate (0.125 vs. 0.087). Central Arkansas, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 15.8).
There should be a fair amount of transition offense in this showdown that features a pair of the NCAA’s more fast-breaking teams. Central Arkansas ranks ninth in possessions per game (76.5) and Nicholls is eighth (76.6).
Kamba has been solid over the last five games for Central Arkansas, averaging 15.0 points, 5.6 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonels won 86-79. The Colonels dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 and an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.429. For those same stats, the Bears were 15.8 and 0.300, respectively. Saddler was a standout player in the game, putting up 19 points and nine rebounds.
Nicholls Colonels at Central Arkansas Bears Free Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
- The Bears rank 14th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Colonels rank 83rd in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Nicholls ranks 77th in rebounds per game (37.5) while Central Arkansas ranks 285th in rebounds allowed per game (40.3).
- The Colonels rank 71st in assists per game (15.2) while the Bears rank 203rd in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- Nicholls ranks fourth in steals per game (9.7) while Central Arkansas ranks 134th in steals allowed per game (6.4).
- The Bears average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (8.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (8.7 below their season average).