Expect a fast-paced game when the Nicholls Colonels (10-6, 4-1 SthLnd) travel to Southeastern Louisiana to take on the Lions (4-11, 1-3 SthLnd). The game begins at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Southeastern Louisiana Lions ATS Odds
In their last game, the Lions fell to the Sam Houston State Bearkats, 67-62, while the Colonels beat the Lamar Cardinals, 61-52.
Nicholls played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (below their season average of 33.5) and a turnover percentage of 21.8 (worse than their season average of 16.1). Lamar had marks of 15.2 and 29.9, respectively, for those same stats. Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, held Sam Houston State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.460 (below their season average of 0.524). Southeastern Louisiana rallied around Ty Brewer, who had 18 points and seven rebounds. Andre Jones, meanwhile led the way for Nicholls, recording 16 points and seven steals.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Colonels won 69-63. Nicholls did a fantastic job of making free throws (12-14; 85.7 percent). Southeastern Louisiana, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.2 vs. 33.3). This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
Southeastern Louisiana might struggle to score as they face off against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Nicholls ranks 38th in defensive efficiency while the Lions rank 328th in offensive efficiency. Also, the Colonels could control the offensive glass in this battle as they rank 55th in the country in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.2 percent. The Lions, meanwhile, rank 336th at grabbing defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 65.0 percent.
Nicholls Colonels at Southeastern Louisiana Lions Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Nicholls, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Under
- Nicholls ranks second in steals per game (11.1) while Southeastern Louisiana ranks 159th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- The Colonels average 25.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 65th in the NCAA. The Lions rank 102nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.1).
- The Colonels average 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 120th in the NCAA. The Lions rank 239th in rebounds allowed per game (39.4).
- Nicholls averages 13.0 assists per game, which ranks 143rd in the country. Southeastern Louisiana ranks 208th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (9.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Lions’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 14.0, up from 9.5 for the season.