The Nicholls Colonels (0-1) will travel to the Petersen Events Center to challenge the Pittsburgh Panthers (1-0). The game gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Pittsburgh Panthers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Panthers won a close one over the Florida State Seminoles, 63-61, while the Colonels fell to the Illinois Fighting Illini, 78-70.
Pittsburgh dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.431 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.2. Florida State recorded marks of 0.245 and 29.4, respectively, for those same stats. Nicholls, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (18.6 vs. 23.8). Pittsburgh was led by Xavier Johnson, who had 13 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Dexter McClanahan fueled Nicholls with 25 points.
Pittsburgh should have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Panthers rank 47th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.477), while Nicholls is 203rd in effective field goal percentage (0.505) since the 2018-19 season.
Nicholls Colonels vs. Pittsburgh Panthers Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pittsburgh, ATS Winner – Nicholls, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Nicholls ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Pittsburgh ranks 227th (20.8).
- The Colonels rank 16th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Panthers rank 164th (6.5).
- Nicholls ranks 128th in assists per game (13.8) while Pittsburgh ranks 251st (11.7).
- The Panthers rank 112th in rebounds per game (36.6) while the Colonels rank 305th in rebounds allowed per game (40.4).
- Nicholls averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 70th in the country. Pittsburgh ranks 239th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).