The St. Bonaventure Bonnies and Niagara Purple Eagles will go head-to-head at Reilly Center to open their seasons. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Niagara Purple Eagles at St. Bonaventure Bonnies ATS Preview
Last season, St. Bonaventure was unable reach the tournament following a 20-12 regular season campaign. Niagara also was unable reach the tournament following a 10-23 regular season campaign.
The high-octane offense of St. Bonaventure will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Niagara. Last season, the Bonnies ranked 90th in offensive efficiency, while the Purple Eagles were 285th in defensive efficiency. The Bonnies should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Last season, the Purple Eagles had records of 10-23 straight up (SU) and 13-18 against the spread (ATS). Just over half of Niagara’s games finished over the projected point total.
The Bonnies had a solid 20-12 SU record last season, but were just 11-17-2 ATS. Converse to Niagara, a little over half of St. Bonaventure’s games finished under the O/U total.
The Bonnies won the only game against the Purple Eagles last season, 79-69. The Bonnies played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1. The Purple Eagles were 19.1 and 37.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Niagara Purple Eagles vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bonnies rank 176th in assists per game (13.2) while the Purple Eagles rank 278th in assists allowed per game (15.4).
- Niagara ranks 201st in three pointers attempted per game (20.2) while St. Bonaventure ranks 277th (18.0).
- St. Bonaventure ranks 57th in steals per game (7.2) while Niagara ranks 231st (5.2).
- The Bonnies rank 126th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while the Purple Eagles rank 292nd (38.5).
- St. Bonaventure averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Niagara ranks 216th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).